Are you planning a kitchen renovation or looking to update your kitchen island lighting?
Pendant lights have been on-trend and continue to be the most trending kitchen lighting for 2023. Often hung over an island or sink, kitchen pendant lights provide brilliance and make a design statement. They can direct light down toward prep surfaces, define the room’s focal point, and highlight a contrasting color or finish, all while contributing to the kitchen’s overall brightness. They come in all shapes, sizes and colors, linear lighting, chandeliers and more.
What to Consider When Choosing Kitchen Island Lighting
- What is the style of your kitchen?
- What materials and finishes will work well in your space?
- How many lights do you want and what type of bulb?
- How long is your island, and how do you want to space your lights?
- Do you want to focus on form, function, or both?
- Would you like your lighting to stand out or to blend seamlessly into your design?
Why Kitchen Pendant Lighting is Necessary, Functional, and Can Show Off Your Style
- Provides Task Lighting: Pendant lighting provides improved light for specific tasks that may already have some ambient light. It helps to illuminate the workspace exactly where you want, making it easier to prepare food and cook.
- Enhances Ambience: Pendant lights add a layer of ambience to the kitchen where light can be distributed and balanced. They create a warm and inviting atmosphere and can help to set the mood for entertaining guests or enjoying a meal with family.
- Adds Style: Pendant lights come in various styles, shapes, and sizes. Choose a fixture that complements or matches the design of your kitchen or choose one that adds a pop of WOW. Pendant lights add a touch of elegance, sophistication, or modernity to your kitchen and can make a statement.
The Top 8 Kitchen Pendant Lighting Trends for 2023
- They act as a “sculpture” in the room and can be a dramatic addition to your kitchen.
- Tap into your inner-artist and express your style and enhance the space with a unique artistic touch.
- The bigger the better.
- Artisan artists handcrafted glass pendants with unique shapes and textures add a touch of elegance to any kitchen.
- White or frosted glass creates a soft glow creating less glare. (Find one that is totally sealed so dust doesn’t get into it.)
- A combination of clear glass and metal brings cohesiveness to the kitchen.
- Geometric Shapes
- Bold geometric pendant lights make a statement and add a modern touch to your kitchen.
- This trend emphasizes the use of geometric shapes to create stunning light fixtures such as circles, triangles, hexagons, and other abstract forms.
- Brass and Black Finishes
- This winning combination continues to dominate.
- Warm or brushed finishes or shiny finishes, dependent on style.
- While farmhouse and industrial lighting styles are still popular, warmer blacks with heritage or vintage-look brass bring a new twist.
- Natural elements are popular in all elements of home décor bringing the outdoors in.
- Woven grasses, stone, rough-cut crystals, and even highly reactive ceramic glazes continue to be style front-runners.
- Minimalist Design
- Simple, understated pendant lights with clean lines complement minimalist kitchens and feature a sleek, streamlined design.
- Industrial Style
- Metal shades or exposed bulbs are popular in urban kitchens.
- Industrial-style pendant lights have a unique and edgy feel. They add character and personality to your kitchen and the emphasis is on raw materials, exposed hardware, and a weathered, rustic finish.
- Multiple Pendant Lights
- Grouping pendant lights over a kitchen island creates a dynamic and visually striking display.
- Grouping multiple smaller pendants or varying the heights of pendants for the unexpected.
Your kitchen could be modern, minimalist, rustic, or industrial. Pendant lights can add style and function to the heart of your home. Consider both when you are choosing the perfect pendant lights.