Our Response to COVID
Keeping Your Household Safe
Corinthian did a fantastic job executing our basement renovation project safely and effectively in these unprecedented times.
On the more cautious side when it comes to COVID-19, we appreciated Corinthian’s initiatives to keep their employees, subcontractors and us safe during the renovation project: installing a temporary door to separate the work space from the living space; limiting the number of persons working on-site (with usually only one person on-site); regular walk-throughs with the Project manager via FaceTime to see progress; touch-bases via text messaging with the Project manager to discuss and resolve issues; workers social distancing when crossing paths with us outside; and ongoing communication about what was happening on-site.
Brand new to the home renovation experience, and with our project due to start in April, we of course were initially unsure as to whether we should move forward with the project given the circumstances with COVID-19. A call with Rob quickly alleviated our concerns as he gave us the assurances we were looking for that the worksite would be safe for workers and for us. Having gotten to know Rob in preparing for the project, we trusted him and his team fully to do what was right. They definitely followed through in doing so.
With the project now complete, we have extended living space in our 100-year old SoBro bungalow that could not have come at a better time. In our newly renovated basement, we now have an additional living area, an office fit for two, a home gym, a laundry room, additional storage space, radon mitigation and a brand new set of (even) stairs.
The basement is beautiful, bright, clean and functional and with Corinthian’s impeccable work, most certainly exceeds expectations. The quality of the work and Corinthian’s client service are just top-notch. We are so grateful to have had Rob, Jeff and the entire Corinthian team help us transform the basement into the space-that-no-one-wanted-to-go-into to the space-that-no one-wants-to-leave.
While these are unusual times, I have been comfortable with the level of care that Corinthian Fine Homes has taken with my clients and the projects that we are working on together. The team at Corinthian has been understanding, compassionate, and has put measures in place to protect the health and safety of everyone involved in our continued construction projects. Building temporary walls, applying sealed plastic, separating the contractors as they work on-site, and making sure the homeowners are comfortable during each stage of the process has added peace of mind. The construction area is kept completely separate from the homeowner’s living space which is essential in today’s environment.
Site Protection and COVID Blog
Remodeling site prep is what we do to protect you, your pets, and your belongings from the construction site in your home. We have always worked to go above and beyond industry standards in our remodeling projects. Read the full blog.
Our COVID Protocol
Our goal is to ensure the health and safety of our homeowners as well as our workers by adhering to the following protocols:
- The job site is to be separated from the rest of the home with temporary walls, including steel doors when applicable.
- A hand sanitizing station will be established at the job site.
- Safe work distances of at least six feet to be in place whenever possible.
- Masks requirement per current Indiana mandate.
- Air cleaning system to be used as applicable to the jobsite.
- All workers are instructed to stay home if sick and report any Covid-19 symptoms or exposure to their supervisor immediately.
- Reduction of the number of workers in the space, spreading out the schedule to ensure least number of workers on jobsite at a time.
- Avoid sharing of tools with workers.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently used tools, equipment, and frequently touched surfaces.
- Any in-person communication with homeowners to be safely distanced.