Spring is officially here! During the winter months our homes take a beating, so it’s important to perform seasonal maintenance to keep your home in tip-top shape. To help you prepare, we’ve put together this list of spring home maintenance tips.
- Exterior Brick and Stucco – Inspect for chipping or white water deposits. Water spots can indicate a problem with your gutters.
- Siding – Pressure wash to prevent mold. Replace rotted pieces.
- Windows and Doors – Inspect and repair caulk and weather stripping. Replace torn screens.
- Foundation – Look for cracks, heaving or deterioration. Call a professional for repair if needed.
- Roof – Check for damaged shingles and have a professional replace if necessary.
- HVAC – Change filters, clean air purifier and have a professional check that your system is ready to handle the warmer months.
- Attic – Examine for leaks and proper ventilation.
- Gutters – Remove leaves and other debris. Reattach if loose.
- Chimney – Have it inspected for cracks and leaks.
- Landscaping – Prune plants and shrubs to prevent soil erosion.
Happy spring from your #1 trusted source for all home improvement and remodel needs.