This family has become a part of the Corinthian family as a multi-renovation client over the past several years. As always it was fun to help them achieve their goals with this renovation.
For Phase One they asked us to create a separate oasis with more privacy for their master suite by adding a 2nd story addition over their existing 1st floor family room. A private hallway allows access to a new 2nd floor laundry/gift wrapping room. The master bedroom is brimming with details such as custom built-in storage cabinetry with fine trim mouldings, window seats, and a fireplace with fine trim details. The master bathroom was designed with comfort in mind. A custom double vanity and linen tower with mirrored front, quartz countertops and champagne bronze plumbing and lighting fixtures make this room elegant. Water jet cut Calcatta marble tile and glass tile make this walk-in shower with glass window panels a true work of art. To complete this sophisticated master suite addition, we added a large walk-in closet with separate his and her areas, including built-in dresser storage, a window seat, and a storage island. The finished renovation is their private spa-like place to escape the busyness of life in style and comfort.
- Ornate custom built in master closet
- Greek key and Lambs Tongue moldings on fire place and built ins
- Brass wall sconces on mantel columns
- Open storage shelving behind toilet
- Water jet cut tile on shower accent wall
- Multiple use laundry room
Phase Two consisted of renovating an in-law suite with visiting aging parents in mind. Our homeowners requested a unique design that delivered an elegant spa-like feel with safety and comfort in mind. Blocking was done to prepare for possible grab bars and a hand-held shower was installed with a separate clip for placement of the hand-held for a seated person showering. A teak flip away shower seat was installed for future use. We also designed a custom flooring pattern, involving several tile cuts and an advanced tile layout for increased aesthetic. The end result is a gorgeous bathroom for anyone to use. In addition, we designed two separate bathrooms for their growing sons, utilizing the land-locked space of two small jack and jill baths that shared one common shower. We had to get creative in our design and space planning and incorporated elements true to each son’s personality and styles. Each bathroom is now a space that their sons can grow into and enjoy through their teen years and beyond.
- Guest bath renovation with grandparents in mind
- Frameless shower enclosure with built in shower seat make showering easier
- French polished brass fixtures and lights provides stylish, retro look
- Custom designed tile pattern ties bathroom amenities together for timeless look
- Transformed Jack & Jill bath into two separate full baths
- Each bath designed around the individual aesthetic of two brothers
- Clean, modern take on a nautical theme with blue striped shower and vanity
- Earthly shower tile combined with silver backslash creates warm, inviting space
For Phase Three they asked us to design a space that would provide an open floor concept for their first-floor kitchen and family spaces. We added on to the back of the kitchen, as well as removed the wall that separated the kitchen and family room. We reconfigured their back entry and powder bath areas, for a designated mudroom area complete with lockers and a frosted glass pocket door. A more accommodating powder bath with black custom vanity and mitred countertop was added for easy access for the pavilion.
We repurposed their existing dining area into a coffee station and seating area. This opens nicely into the new spacious and open kitchen, complete with custom black and walnut cabinetry and a gorgeous black hood with gold trim. Gorgeous brass light fixtures complete each space and enhance not only the aesthetics but also the function of each area. The new dining area opens between the kitchen and family room with plenty of seating for all and a nice visual of their large beautifully landscaped back yard and new pavilion. The family room is not only easily accessible from the kitchen and dining areas, but it also received an updated bar area, complete with new cabinetry, countertops, beverage fridge and antique glass backsplash.
- Two tone black island with solid Walnut perimeter cabinets
- 48” refrigeration with double ovens and separate cook top
- Antique mirrored glass upper cabinets
- Custom Metal hood with brushed gold accent
- Subway tile back splash with pot filler
- Coffee station with floating shelves
In addition, they asked us to design and build a detached golf simulator and entertaining pavilion for their three active boys. It is closely situated to the house via new patio’s and multiple seating areas. A wood burning fireplace on the exterior of the pavilion and a separate firepit makes chilly fall evenings a delight. The custom golf simulator inside the pavilion is a godsend for this family of golfers, complete with a seating area for quiet cheering and a beverage fridge, popcorn maker and TV for keeping an eye on their favorite sports team. This additional living space has become an integral part of this family’s lifestyle and has added hours of glorious entertainment.
- 14’ high ceilings with cozy seating area
- Simulator bar area with beverage refrigerator and popcorn maker
- Golf simulator with combined putting green
- Golf club storage closets with barned doors
- Dining room with ocular window
- Family room bar area with antique mirror glass wall with glass shelves
- Built in mudroom lockers with shoe cubbies
- Wall papered powder bath with framed mirror and furniture piece vanity
Exterior Unique Features:
- A Baroque oval dormer
- Gambrel roof with Cedar shake shingles
- English style court yard with limestone capped sitting walls
- Blue stone pavers in a Ashlar pattern
- Midnight blue painted Hardi siding
- Circular fire pit with Adirondack chairs
Location: Meridian Kessler, IN
Other Projects for this Homeowner: