We designed and renovated a Mid-Century Modern home into an ADA compliant home with an open floor plan and updated feel. We incorporated many of the homes original details while modernizing them. We converted the existing two car garage into a master suite and walk in closet, designing a master bathroom with an ADA vanity and curb-less shower. We redesigned the existing living room fireplace creating an artistic focal point in the room. The project came with its share of challenges which we were able to creatively solve, resulting in what our homeowners feel is their first and forever home.
In this homeowners’ own words, “Our home was needing to be modified around my husband’s wheelchair and they gladly took on the challenge. Not only did they do a great job tying in the character of our home into the new addition, they helped make our vision come to life.” Read more testimonials.
This beautiful home won three design awards:
- Pro Remodeler Design Award – 2019 Platinum Award for Universal/Better Living Design
- Chrysalis Award – 2019 Regional Award for Residential Universal Design
- Qualified Remodeler Master Design Awards – 2019 Bronze Award for Universal Design
- Converted home to ADA compliant, wheelchair accessible design while maintaining design integrity
- Reused original wooden wall tiles to celebrate the original home
- Opened floor plan by removing walls between kitchen, living room and dining
- Added cathedral ceilings to further expand the space
- Added skylights to the dining room for more natural lighting
- Designed modern concrete fireplace surround and mantel with Corten steel
- Hand scraped Walnut hardwood floors
Credits: Photography by Sara C Imagery
Homeowner Blog: www.lavenderslongshot.com
Other Projects for this Homeowner: