When you’re building a custom home, you can get just about any feature you can imagine if your budget will support it. But did you know that many popular custom home features can be planned into your remodeling project as well.
Take a look at some of the most requested features that can be planned into your remodel:
- Commercial-style range – many home owners are installing commercial ranges. Whether cooking for your family or you enjoy hosting large parties, a commercial range offers many benefits.
- Microwave drawer – gives you the convenience of a microwave at an easy-to-access height tucked into a drawer unit rather than mounted in a cabinet.
- On-counter garage – eliminate countertop clutter with an appliance garage. Store anything from your coffee pot to that large mixer in a place that is easy to access but out of sight.
- Double swinging doors – wish you could go in and out of your laundry room without stopping to open the door? Consider doors that swing both ways for kitchens, laundry rooms, patios and other rooms that you frequently go in and out.
- Second washer/dryer – tired of your kids hauling soccer clothes across the house to the laundry room, consider adding a second washer and dryer to your laundry or kitchen remodel and put an end to muddy soccer tracks through the house.
- Dog shower – speaking of muddy footprints, consider adding a shower base and handheld shower hose to your mud room, garage or patio remodel. It will give you an easy place to rinse off Fido
- Whole House Sound System – if you’re a fan of music and movies, consider a whole house sound system where you can centralize the control of your media and play it back in any room that is connected to the system.
- Mobile Accessibility – mobile devices aren’t just for angry birds and email. In fact, you can use smart devices in your home and access them from your mobile phone. Check security cameras, adjust lighting, control the temperature and even turn off the iron all from the convenience of your phone even if you’re not standing in your home.
- Universal Control – ready to get rid of your pile of remote controls? A universal remote control can offer simplicity to you and your house guests from one simple interface that can control all sorts of technical equipment.